Apr 11, 2016

The Fart Neutralizer

Dear Oily,

I live with men. Between my husband and twin teen boys, our house can really stink! This is especially a problem on hot dog and bean night. I feel like I need to wear a gas mask for the next day.

Is there some way I can clear the air on a particularly gaseous occasion?

Toot toot!

Dear Toots,

Sometimes life stinks. Literally. It just plain smells, right?

Like when you epic fart in your husband’s car about four months after you got married and he has to leave the windows open all night just so he doesn’t puke on the ride to work the next morning.

It happens. He swears he forgave me a long time ago!

For times like those and hot dog and bean night or when you’ve been eating bean salad every single day for lunch and the gas just won’t stop, there is a saving grace: The Fart Neutralizer.

Now even if you dealt it you will not need to smelt it.
Neutralize Farts DIY Recipe Essential Oils | Hot Pink Crunch

The Fart Neutralizer

Ingredients


Method

    Neutralize Farts DIY Recipe Essential Oils | Hot Pink Crunch
  1. Add the salt to the bottom of the spray bottle
  2. Add the essential oil to the salt, mixing until the salt fully absorbs the oil
  3. Add the distilled water and alcohol OR your liquid of choice (see below)
  4. Put the cap on the bottle and shake like crazy
  5. Spray! Spray! Spray!

If you do not have Purification on hand, there are some alternatives you can try. Melrose, Tea Tree, and Thieves will all work fairly well for this, but Purification is my favorite for stinky situations.

A Note on Liquids

The liquid you choose to use in a spray is up to you.

Distilled water works just fine by itself, but the scent might dissipate faster. You can also use high proof alcohol or alcohol free witch hazel.

For things that I’m not putting directly on my skin, I prefer a mix of alcohol and distilled water, but when I’m feeling lazy, I’ve totally gone with just the distilled water.



Now go forth and eradicate those toots!